All Ghent University staff members are cordially invited to the first Internationalisation Day of Ghent University on Tuesday 24th October in Het Pand.
The programme is available now, so register quickly for the sessions of your choice.
Ghent University recently received the prestigious "Institutional Award for Innovation in Internationalisation" from the European Association for International Education (EAIE). Ghent University has a long track record in internationalisation and is proud to have received this nice token of appreciation for it. For both education and research Ghent University has seen decades of successful internationalisation initiatives.
During the last years, this was underlined by an increased focus in its policy, e.g. in the framework of the institutional review and by the implementation of the integrated policy plan for internationalisation and the appointment of an academic director for internationalisation. This goes hand in hand with a broadening perspective, focusing on internationalisation of all members of staff and students. This means it has become an important topic for the whole Ghent University community, both academic and administrative staff.
After a plenary part, you can choose from a number of sessions, in English or Dutch, on a variety of topics:
- Strategic Cooperation: International Thematic Networks and Regional Platforms (session in English):
- European educational projects: the + in Erasmus+
- De meerwaarde van stafmobiliteit, o.a. als krachtige vorm van professionalisering
- Werk maken van de inbedding van internationale / interculturele competenties in je opleiding
- Samenwerking met het zuiden: een win-win voor alle betrokkenen
- Internationalisation@Home: goede praktijken in de faculteiten
- De uitwerking van een facultair internationaliseringsbeleid
- Erasmus without Paper: towards a digital future for Erasmus (session in English)
- Mensenrechten in de internationale relaties van UGent