On this page you will find vacancies for Academic Staff. Only vacancies in English are shown. For a complete list of all vacancies currently open at the university, please consult the vacancy pages in Dutch .
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Save your search and create a job alert on the online application module to be automatically notified of interesting future job openings.More information can be found here .
Department: Department of Marketing Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Department of Marketing in the Faculty of Business and Economics is looking for a full-time (100%) doctoral scholarship holder in the area of nudging and persuasive communication. Position
- You will work actively on the preparation of a doctoral thesis in the field of personalized and context-based just-in-time adaptive interventions to promote a healthier lifestyle
- You will publish scientific articles related to the research project.
- You will carry out a limited number of teaching and research support tasks for the Faculty of Business and Economics.
What we offer
- You hold a Master degree in business economics, psychology, communication science or a related field.
- Students in their final year of master’s can also apply.
- You can demonstrate excellent academic results.
- You have an interest in the psychology of human behaviour and the impact of persuasive communication and behavioural change
- Excellent English skills
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision .
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies .
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, conscientiousness, creativity and cooperation.
Want to apply?
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years. Following a positive evaluation, the scholarship can be renewed for another two years.
- The planned start date will be as soon as possible.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for Contract Research Staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will receive ecocheques, and a bicycle allowance or a full reimbursement of public transport costs for commuting.
- A dynamic and stimulating working environment in the city center of Antwerp.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here .
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including January 6th, 2022 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter and your academic CV.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection committee.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place at the end of January 2022
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to jobsuantwerpen.be .
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Dr Clara A. Cutello ( Clara.Cutellouantwerpen.be ) or Prof Dr Nathalie Dens ( Nathalie.densuantwerpen.be )
Excellent HR policy for researchers