Laboratory Manager (80-100%)
|Workplace||Villigen, Park InnovAARE, Zurich region, Switzerland|
|Occupation rate||80% - 100%|
Founded in 2015, leadXpro AG is a lead compound discovery company focusing on membrane protein drug targets such as GPCRs, ion-channels and transporters. We are committed to the application of biophysical and structure-based methods for the discovery and optimization of next-generation medicines. We capitalize on the facilities and expertise in membrane protein structural biology of the Paul Scherrer Institute (PSI), with premium access to the synchrotron Swiss Light Source (SLS) and the Free Electron Laser (SwissFEL). Our core expertise also includes cryo-electron microscopy, in collaboration with the University of Basel. The position at leadXpro is an excellent opportunity to join a young and exciting company engaged in cutting-edge applied research. leadXpro is located at PARK INNOVAARE, 5234 Villigen, Switzerland. For more information, please visit: ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fleadxpro.ch&module=jobs&id=3295" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://leadxpro.ch
leadXpro is urgently seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Laboratory Manager who will be part of an interdisciplinary team of scientists working on leadXpro proprietary and partnered projects, within a highly collaborative and international environment. Your main task would be the management of daily business in the laboratory and to coordinate the performance of routine tasks by staff. You would be responsible for all consumables, including ordering, tracking and negotiating prices. You will also participate in experimental work: expression in insect cells and mammalian cells, protein purification, set-up crystallization, etc . Furthermore, you would act as a link between leadXpro and the host institute, PSI, to confer with staff in both organisations regarding technical matters. The position can be 80-100%, with flexible working hours possible.
Key tasks and responsibilities
The successful candidate will be expected to work within a dynamic team that values transparency,integrity, reliability and a passion for science to create benefits for patients.
Key duties include:
• Ensuring working standards in the laboratory regarding cleanliness and safety
• Managing technical staff to carry out tasks for laboratory maintenance
• Monitoring and managing production of stock solutions and reagents
• Managing infrastructure and equipment, including troubleshooting and maintenance
• Ordering consumables and equipment, negotiating with suppliers
• Managing inventory of consumables stocks, monitoring and reordering
• Maintaining inventory records, particularly for chemicals and detergents
• Managing safety protocols (radiation safety certification is a plus)
• Managing hazardous waste disposal
• Managing laboratory working space and induction for new staff
• Carrying out biochemistry tasks, where appropriate
Contact and Address
How to apply
If you are interested to join the team, please send your CV with the keyword “Laboratory Manager” in the subject line to: infoleadXpro.com
The deadline for the application is June 18th 2020.
In your application, please refer to myScience.be and reference JobID 3295.
Search for a jobRelated Job Offers:
- Life Sciences - 8.5
Laboratory Assistant/Laborassistent (m/w) (40-100%)
- Life Sciences - 30.4
Enseignant en biologie / Coordinateur académique Relations Internationales pour sa filière (H/F)
- Life Sciences - 30.4
Head of Metabolomics Facility at CeMM, Vienna