Doctoral scholarship holder Plasma catalysis - materials property-performance correlation
On this page you will find vacancies for Academic Staff. Only vacancies in English are shown. For a complete list of all vacancies currently open at the university, please consult the vacancy pages in Dutch .
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Save your search and create a job alert on the online application module to be automatically notified of interesting future job openings.More information can be found here .
Department: Department of Chemistry Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Department of CHEMISTRY in the Faculty of SCIENCE is looking for a full-time (100%) doctoral scholarship holder in the field of plasma catalysis – materials property-performance correlation Position
- You will work actively on the preparation and defence of a PhD thesis in the field of synthesis-properties-performance correlation of plasma catalytic CO2 The PhD topic is part of a multi-partner, application driven project on CCU (carbon capture and utilisation). The focus is on developing DBD plasma specific catalysts and understanding their behaviour in and impact on performance in CO2 conversion.
- You will publish scientific articles related to the research project.
- You will carry out a limited number of teaching and research support tasks for the chemistry department and the research group.
What we offer
- You hold a Master degree in Chemistry, Applied engineering or Bio-engineering with a strong background in inorganic material synthesis and characterisation or you will have obtained it by the time you start your PhD. A background in catalysis and/or plasma driven conversion processes is a plus.
- You can demonstrate excellent study results.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision .
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies .
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- You are a team player, willing to collaborate with other PhD candidates, postdocs and partners involved in this project.
- You are fluent in English, eager to learn and safety minded.
Want to apply?
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of 4 years, with an evaluation on a yearly basis.
- The planned start date is March 1st 2022 or as soon as possible after that date.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for contract research staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will do most of your work at Campus Drie Eiken in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here .
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including December 16th 2021 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter, your academic CV, diploma transcripts if available
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure. Please make note that from all applications, a maximum of 5 candidates will be invited for an interview (online) in the first week of January.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to jobsuantwerpen.be . If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Prof. Dr. Vera Meynen, PhD promotor, vera.meynenuantwerpen.be .
Excellent HR policy for researchers