On this page you will find vacancies for Academic Staff. Only vacancies in English are shown. For a complete list of all vacancies currently open at the university, please consult the vacancy pages in Dutch .
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Save your search and create a job alert on the online application module to be automatically notified of interesting future job openings.More information can be found here .
Department: Chemistry/Biochemistry Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The research group ELCAT in the Faculty of Applied Engineering is looking for a full-time (100%) doctoral scholarship holder in the field of electrocatalysis. Position
- You will work actively on the preparation and defence of a PhD thesis in the field of electrocatalysis. Electrochemistry is gaining more and more attention as a potential alternative to several traditional industrial processes because of its positive impact on global greenhouse gas emissions (mainly CO2), its ability to store periodic renewable energy and the production of alternative energy sources such as H2.
- You compete for externally funded research grants.
- You will publish scientific articles and/or patents related to the research project.
- As a PhD candidate of ELCAT you also support a part of the general research and teaching tasks to support the good day-to-day functioning of the research group and the Faculty of Applied Engineering.
- You are also responsible for safety in the research labs, in particular with regard to chemicals.
What we offer
- You hold a Master’s degree in industrial science/applied engineering: chemistry (industrial engineer), Master's degree in engineering: chemistry or materials science (civil engineering), Master in chemistry or equivalent through experience or you will have obtained it by the time you start work.
- You can demonstrate excellent study results.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision .
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies .
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- You are enthusiast.
- You can communicate well, both in speaking and in writing.
- You are strong in planning and organizing, you can work independently.
- You don’t forget about safety and you have some good technical skills.
Want to apply?
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of 1 year. Following a positive evaluation, the scholarship can be renewed for another three years.
- The planned start date is 1 March 2022 (negotiable) or as soon as possible after that date.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for Contract Research Staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will do most of your work at Campus Drie Eiken in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here .
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including 10 January 2022 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter, your academic CV.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to jobsuantwerpen.be . If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact dr. Nick Daems, dr. Jonas Hereijgers or dr. Sofie Delanoye via elcatuantwerpen.be .
Excellent HR policy for researchers