On this page you will find vacancies for Academic Staff. Only vacancies in English are shown. For a complete list of all vacancies currently open at the university, please consult the vacancy pages in Dutch .
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Save your search and create a job alert on the online application module to be automatically notified of interesting future job openings.More information can be found here .
Department: Department of Marketing Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Department of Marketing in the Faculty of Business and Economics has the following full-time vacancy: Professor (open rank) in the field of marketing (tenure-track or tenured academic staff) Position
You will contribute to the University of Antwerp’s three core tasks: education, research and services. Your role also includes organisational and managerial aspects. Education
- You will provide high-quality education the field of marketing.
- Your teaching role will evolve along with the study programmes. The courses you will teach (in Dutch) may include Marketing and Marketing Communication, Consumer Behaviour, Services marketing, Business-to-Business Marketing, Marketing Research or Product Innovation in Marketing.
- You will play a role in developing activating, student-centred and competence-driven programme components and study programmes.
- You will supervise students and their Master dissertations.
- You will expand high-quality scientific research in the field of marketing.
- You will acquire and manage national and international research funding.
- You will publish in international journals and specialist literature.
- You will develop an international scientific network.
- You will supervise PhD candidates and postdoctoral researchers in this area.
- You will play a role in the provision of both academic services and service to society, within the institution and externally, based on your personal expertise.
What we offer
- You hold a PhD in applied economic sciences or another relevant field with a recognized diploma.
- You can demonstrate several years of postdoctoral experience (or equivalent) and you have experience in teaching academic courses in the area of the vacancy.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision .
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies .
- Preferably, you have experience in acquiring and conducting (international) research projects in marketing and in supervising Ph.D. students.
- You have publications in international peer-reviewed journals.
- You are motivated to develop your teaching skills further through the professionalisation opportunities
- If you do not speak Dutch, the administrative language of the university, you should be willing to obtain a CEFR B2 level of proficiency in Dutch. As soon as you take on teaching duties as a programme component coordinator, you should be able to demonstrate a CEFR C1 level of proficiency in the language of instruction. The University of Antwerp supports international staff members through an integration trajectory and offers tailor-made language coaching in compliance with Flanders’ statutory language regulations .
- You demonstrate leadership potential and organisational skills.
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- Relevant business experience is a plus.
Want to apply?
- We offer a full-time appointment as a member of the Senior Academic Staff (Dutch: Zelfstandig Academisch Personeel, ZAP). The level of your appointment (assistant professor, associate professor, professor or full professor) is determined on the basis of your professional experience and academic qualifications. Junior ZAP members are usually offered temporary appointment as a tenure track assistant professor for five years, which is then followed by permanent appointment as an associate professor. Appointment as an associate professor or higher leads to permanent appointment (tenure) after a maximum of three years. A favourable performance appraisal is always required for permanent appointment.
- Your gross monthly salary is calculated according to the pay scales for Senior Academic Staff.
- You will receive ecocheques, and a bicycle allowance or a full reimbursement of public transport costs for commuting.
- The planned start date is October 1, 2022.
- You will do most of your work at the City Campus in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here and discover all the other benefits .
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including Monday January 31, 2022 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on 'apply', complete the online application form and don’t forget to include the following documents: (1) your motivation letter, (2) the completed job application appendix for ZAP , and (3) your academic CV.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to jobsuantwerpen.be . If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Prof. Dr. Annouk Lievens ( annouk.lievensuantwerpen.be ), chair of the department.
Excellent HR policy for researchers