On this page you will find vacancies for Academic Staff. Only vacancies in English are shown. For a complete list of all vacancies currently open at the university, please consult the vacancy pages in Dutch .
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Save your search and create a job alert on the online application module to be automatically notified of interesting future job openings.More information can be found here .
Department: Faculty of Law - general Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20 000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Faculty of Law is looking for a full-time doctoral scholarship holder in the field of Enforcement of laws on crypto-assets Position
- You work actively on the preparation and defence of a PhD thesis in the context of a collaboration between the research groups Business & Law and Law Enforcement. The wide-ranging subject of your PhD thesis is ‘Enforcement of laws on crypto-assets’ and can relate to the legal approach as to tracing of crypto-assets and linking crypto-assets to users so as to be able to effectively apply laws with respect to crypto-assets. The research focuses on financial and capital markets law, insolvency law, seizure and foreclosure law and criminal law. You can also choose a different perspective in line with the subject.
- You publish scientific articles related to the research project.
- You carry out a limited number of teaching and research support tasks for the research groups.
- You hold a Master degree in law or you will have obtained it by the time you start work.
- You submit an English research proposal for the research you will be developing in one of the (see above). This proposal of maximum 5 pages includes the following headings: ‘state of the art’, ‘research objectives’, ‘methodology’ and ‘bibliography’. The proposal should allow you to successfully complete the PhD in 4 years.
The prior conditions are conditions of admissibility.
What we offer
- You can demonstrate excellent study results.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision .
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies .
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- You have a particular interest in scientific research in the field of ‘Enforcement of laws on crypto-assets’.
Want to apply?
- We offer a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years. Following a positive evaluation, the scholarship can be renewed once for another two-year period.
- The planned start date is 15 September 2022 or as soon as possible after that date.
- Your monthly scholarship amount is calculated according to the scholarship amounts for doctoral scholarship holders on the pay scales for contract research staff (Dutch: Bijzonder Academisch Personeel, BAP).
- You will receive ecocheques, and a bicycle allowance or a full reimbursement of public transport costs for commuting.
- You will do most of your work at the City Campus in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here .
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform until 14 February 2022 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments:
- a motivation letter
- a detailed research proposal of maximum 5 pages for the research you will be developing (see above)
- a detailed overview of your study grades
- your (academic) CV
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure. Please make a note of the following dates: March 1, 2022.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to jobsuantwerpen.be . If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact dr. Robby Houben ( robby.houbenuantwerpen.be ), Prof. dr. Melissa Vanmeenen ( melissa.vanmeenenuantwerpen.be ) or Prof. dr. Joëlle Rozie ( joelle.rozieuantwerpen.be ).
Excellent HR policy for researchers