On this page you will find vacancies for Academic Staff. Only vacancies in English are shown. For a complete list of all vacancies currently open at the university, please consult the vacancy pages in Dutch .
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Save your search and create a job alert on the online application module to be automatically notified of interesting future job openings.More information can be found here .
Department: Department of Management
Regime Full-time Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20,000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6,000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Department of Management in the Faculty of Business and Economics has the following full-time vacancy: principal research fellow in the field of strategic management and organisation. Position
As a principal research fellow, you will be part of the Academic Assistant Staff (Dutch: Assisterend Academisch Personeel
, AAP). You will spend at least 50% of your working time on academic research. In addition, you will actively contribute to education and service activities. Research
- You will carry out high-quality academic research in the broad field of strategic management and organization that integrates well within the department’s expertise domains (see website ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.uantwerpen.be%2Fen%2Fresearch-groups%2Fmanagement%2F&module=jobs&id=6012" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.uantwerpen.be%2Fen%2Fresearch-groups%2Fmanagement%2F&module=jobs&id=6012" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/research-groups/management/ ).
- You collaborate in ongoing research projects and activities of the department, and will develop new research projects in alignment with the department.
- You will seek external funding via an FWO postdoctoral fellowship application and are eligible to obtain this funding (see FWO requirements at ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fwo.be%2Fen%2Ffellowships-funding%2Fpostdoctoral-fellowships%2F&module=jobs&id=6012" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.fwo.be%2Fen%2Ffellowships-funding%2Fpostdoctoral-fellowships%2F&module=jobs&id=6012" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">https://www.fwo.be/en/fellowships-funding/postdoctoral-fellowships/ )
- You will report on the results of your research via international conference participation and high-quality academic publications.
- You will supervise PhD candidates in the preparation of their PhD theses and contribute to attracting national and international research funding.
- You will contribute to the department’s educational activities and teach high-quality academic classes on bachelor and master levels in the domain of strategic management and organisation (e.g. Strategic Management, Organisational Theory and Design).
- You will supervise students and their Bachelor and Master dissertations.
- Your teaching role will evolve along with the study programmes and your profile.
- You will play an active role in the academic and societal service provision of the department of Management.
What we offer
- You hold a PhD in Applied Economics (or equivalent) or you will have obtained it by the time you start work.
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies . You have relevant research experience in the field of strategic management and organisation, demonstrated by peer reviewed journal publications and paper presentations at high ranking international conferences.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision . Relevant teaching experience in the field of strategic management and organisation at university level would be an advantage.
- If you do not speak Dutch, the administrative language of the university, you should be willing to obtain a CEFR B2 level of proficiency in Dutch. As soon as you take on teaching duties as a programme component coordinator, you should be able to demonstrate a CEFR C1 level of proficiency in the language of instruction. The University of Antwerp supports international staff members through an integration trajectory and offers tailor-made language coaching in compliance with Flanders’ statutory language regulations .
- You are able to carry out your work and achieve your objectives with a high degree of autonomy.
- You are motivated to work actively on your further professional development. In this, you can make use of a wide range of training courses and professionalisation opportunities .
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
Want to apply?
- We offer an appointment as a principal research fellow for a period of three years. Following a positive evaluation, the appointment can be renewed once.
- Your gross monthly salary is calculated according to the pay scale for a principal research fellow (Academic Assistant Staff, AAP).
- You will receive ecocheques, Internet-connectivity allowance and a bicycle allowance or a full reimbursement of public transport costs for commuting.
- The planned start date is 15 September 2023 or as soon as possible after that date.
- You will do most of your work at our city campus in the heart of Antwerp in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Click here to find out more about working at the University of Antwerp and the related benefits.
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including 22 May 2023 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: a motivation letter, your academic CV, publication list, a brief research plan (~ 3 pages) outlining your priorities, targets and suggested activities for the next six years, and one exemplary publication that you (co-)authored.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure. Please make a note of the following date: 15 June 2023 (interview).
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to jobsuantwerpen.be . If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact dr. Sascha Albers, head of the department via sascha.albersuantwerpen.be .
They are necessary for the proper functioning of the website and can not be switched off. They are generally defined only as a result of actions you carry out and that enable you to make use of the services we offer (definition of your privacy preferences, connection, filling in forms, etc.). You can configure your browser so that these cookies are blocked or you are warned about these cookies, but then some parts of the site will no longer work.
They allow us to measure surfing patterns and determine which sections of our website were visited, and to measure habits and improve our services. They show us which pages are the most and the least popular and how visitors move around the site. If you do not allow these cookies, we do not know when you visited our site and we can not check their habits.
They enable improved functionality and customization of the site. They can be activated by us or by third parties whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, some or all of the services may not work properly.
They can be set up by our advertising partners on our site to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant ads on other sites. They do not store personal information directly, but are based on the unique identification of your browser and device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will see less targeted ads.