Today, Ghent University has taken additional measures to prevent the further spread of the coronavirus.
- The celebration of Dies Natalis, including the awarding ceremony of the honorary doctorates on Friday March 20, 2020, will be canceled. Employees retain their day of service exemption. As soon as possible, consideration will be given to whether or not to organize a replacement event later this year.
- The opening of the Ghent University Museum (GUM), which was planned for the weekend of Saturday 21 and 22 March, will be postponed. The same applies to the planned festivities around the opening of the GUM, including the pre-opening of the GUM on Wednesday 18 March 2020.
- All student restaurants and cafeterias will be closed from Monday March 16, 2020 on.
- The university sports center GUSB, including the university swimming pool, will be closed from Monday 16 March 2020 on.
- The series of lectures ’Wetenschappelijke nascholing’ is discontinued.
The above measures apply at least until the end of the Easter holidays.
Ghent University previously decided to make maximum use of telework and to switch to alternative forms of education as soon as possible.