From 10 to 12 November (10.00-16.00)
at the Cactus Belle Etoile shopping mall
In the context of colon cancer prevention, the Molecular Disease Mechanisms Group (MDM) from the University of Luxembourg, invites you to -Discover the inside of your colon - Boosting cancer prevention (Inside Colon)-. Learn about the latest research on the principles of cancer development, as well as the potential role of the microbiome and immune cells in tumour development.
Special programme on Saturday 12 November:
- 14.00; 15.30 and 16.30, Magic shows for children
- 16.00, Award of the "Art and Science" Prize (Competition run in collaboration with Luxembourgish High-Schools: International School of Differdange and Esch-sur-Alzette, School of Saint-Anne Ettelbrück, International School - Lycée Michel Lucius and International School of Mondorf-les-Bains)
We will inform you about:
- The current knowledge on colon cancer, focusing on the research -made in Luxembourg- and on the importance of the colon cancer sample collection
- The importance of participating in the national screening program
- The risk factors, namely the importance of a healthy diet. Diet influences our gut microbiome, a key player in regulating many functions of the human body
This event is supported by the Luxembourg National Research Fund (FNR) (PSP-Classic 16774070).