Ground-breaking university cooperation including innovative student exchanges
16 September - 11.00 - Residence of the Italian Ambassador in Belgium - Avenue Legrand 43, 1050 Ixelles
The European educational landscape is undergoing a paradigm shift: European universities are being established. Among them is the European University EUTOPIA, composed of the six open, innovative and inclusive universities Vrije Universiteit Brussel, University of Gothenburg, CY Cergy Paris Université, Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona, University of Warwick and University of Ljubljana.
On 16 September 2021 at 11.00, EUTOPIA will announce its first major expansion with three leading like-minded European universities:
- Università Ca'Foscari Venezia - Italy
- Technische Universität Dresden - Germany
- Universidade NOVA de Lisboa - Portugal
and its association with four universities outside Europe:
- Université Internationale de Rabat - Morocco
- Kyungpook National University - South Korea
- Monash University - Australia
- Stellenbosch University - South Africa
For the students of these universities this means, among other things, that more new and innovative student exchanges will be possible, a kind of Erasmus 2.0.
You are invited to attend this enlargement ceremony, which will take place at the residence of the Italian Ambassador in Belgium and in the presence of rector Caroline Pauwels and other European and local stakeholders. Please confirm your presence by sending an email to email@example.com. You can also request interviews via this address.
The preliminary programme:
- 11.00 - 11.05: Kick-off. Marie Marchand, EUTOPIA Student Council President
- 11.05 - 11.15: Welcome. HE Genuardi, Italian Ambassador to the Kingdom of Belgium
- 11.15 - 11.25: Welcome to EUTOPIA. Prof Caroline Pauwels, rector of Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- 11.25 - 11.35: EUTOPIA and Ca'Foscari Venezia. Prof Tiziana Lipiello, rector of Ca'Foscari Venezia
- 11.35 - 11.45: EUTOPIA and TU Dresden. Prof Ursula Staudinger, rector of TU Dresden
- 11.45 - 11.55: EUTOPIA and NOVA Lisboa. Prof João de Deus Santos Sàágua, Rector of NOVA Lisboa
- 11.55 - 12.05: Concluding remarks. Prof Eva Wiberg, Chair of the EUTOPIA Alliance and chancellor of the University of Gothenburg
- 12.05 - 12.15: Photos. Rectors, EUTOPIA Sec Gen, Marie Marchand, VPs
- 12.15 - 14.00: Reception
Lies Feron Persrelaties Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Vrije Universiteit Brussel is an internationally oriented university in Brussels, the heart of Europe. By providing excellent research and education on a human scale, VUB wants to make an active and committed contribution to a better society.
The World Needs You
The Vrije Universiteit Brussel assumes its scientific and social responsibility with love and decisiveness. That’s why VUB launched the platform De Wereld Heeft Je Nodig - The World Needs You, which brings together ideas, actions and projects based on six Ps. The first P stands for People , because that’s what it-s all about: giving people equal opportunities, prosperity, welfare, respect. Peace is about fighting injustice, big and small, in the world. Prosperity combats poverty and inequality. Planet stands for actions on biodiversity, climate, air quality, animal rights... With Partnership , VUB is looking for joint actions to make the world a better place. The sixth and last P is for Poincaré , the French philosopher Henri Poincaré, from whom VUB derives its motto that thinking should submit to nothing except the facts themselves. VUB is an -urban engaged university-, strongly anchored in Brussels and Europe and working according to the principles of free research.
Press - Vrije Universiteit Brussel