+300K Belgians participated in two survey waves on COVID. We asked questions on trust in government. Read the research note (in Dutch)
The key takeaways:
- Trust in governments was high on 7/04, but declined strongly on 28/4. Trust in European Union is much lower
- Trust in Science is very high
- Most people tend to trust government communication
- More and more people think the government restrictions are too strong.
- People believe that the measures are effective to address contamination, but not the negative economic and social consequences.
A Newspaper (De Standaard) furthermore used our findings in an article to demonstrate the importance of decent and transparant communication.